cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line

Lee099
Joining in

Hi, I haven't had a dial tone on my home phone since Thursday, all there is static.

I have done all the checks on the online guidance but there is no change.

I am unable to book an engineer online and can't reach anyone on the phone.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lee099

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the landline issues.

I'm currently running a diagnostic for you and it's asked me to ask you this;

Is the phone plugged into an extension socket or are you plugged into the master socket? The master socket will have a larger socket and contain a logo  of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lee099

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the landline issues.

I'm currently running a diagnostic for you and it's asked me to ask you this;

Is the phone plugged into an extension socket or are you plugged into the master socket? The master socket will have a larger socket and contain a logo  of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It is plugged into the master socket and always has been, I do not have an extension.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lee099,

Thanks for confirming for us. We have just taken your line off the network and reconnected it - are you able to test if the problem is still occurring? 

Let us know and we'll go from there 🙂

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly_G,

It is still the same, no dial tone, if anything the crackling is even louder now.

Morning Lee099,

Thanks for getting back to us,

As there's still an issue I'll need to arrange a technician to come and take a closer look.

You can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

i currently dont have a 'spare' land line , but i got 3 wireless phone and the internal intercom is good on all 3, i check the wall socket, not plugged into the hub. that is connect correctly. i traced the phone cable and that intact no kinks or nicks. I power cycled the phone master base and no difference

i cant make outgoing and incoming say line busy, but there no dial tone and no sound it 'connect' after dialling and just silence 

i was hoping that tech support could just power cycle the connect card, i get hold of a 'backup['  land line soonest

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@gbusrt wrote:

i currently dont have a 'spare' land line , but i got 3 wireless phone and the internal intercom is good on all 3, i check the wall socket, not plugged into the hub. that is connect correctly. i traced the phone cable and that intact no kinks or nicks. I power cycled the phone master base and no difference

i cant make outgoing and incoming say line busy, but there no dial tone and no sound it 'connect' after dialling and just silence 

i was hoping that tech support could just power cycle the connect card, i get hold of a 'backup['  land line soonest

This reply from @gbusrt actually belongs on their original topic here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/land-line-no-dial-tone-no-incomming-calls-online-tes...