cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line outage since weekend

Lorna42
Joining in

Posting out of desperation as getting no joy when calling.

My 80 year old parents have been without a landline since Saturday.  I reported it on Sunday and was told it would be fixed in next 24 hours.  Its now 48 hours later and it still isnt working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Lorna42

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm how the engineer visit went. I'm really glad he was able to get things resolved. 

We're not able to help with package changes via the Community but if you give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111, we're always happy to take a look to see if there are any discounts or promotions available for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lorna42, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your parents are having an issue with their landline. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate their on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lorna42, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message so quickly.

I have taken a look this end and can see no fault affecting your parents landline now so as they are still having issues, I have booked them in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

No bother - its in my best interest too.

Is it possible you can confirm the appointment as I have my own VM account the link takes me too and I don't believe they have ever accessed their account on line. They cant remember their password and I very much doubt my dad has checked his emails since it was set up!!

Thanks for all your help

Lorna 

Hi Lorna, 

Of course. We'll need to pass data protection with you before we can give the appointment details to you so I have sent you a further private message to request this information. 

I'll speak to you via private message in just a moment 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @Lorna42

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm how the engineer visit went. I'm really glad he was able to get things resolved. 

We're not able to help with package changes via the Community but if you give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111, we're always happy to take a look to see if there are any discounts or promotions available for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team