Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Land line not working

Hello

My landline is not working. No local issues and we even bought a new phone! All plugged in as it should be. 
Please help!

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line not working

Good morning @Annna-A

Welcome to the forum, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your landline.

Are you able to let us know, Is there any dial tone? Is the phone able to make or receive calls? 

Please can you also let us know is your phone connected to a plug socket or into to the back of the hub? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone but if you call it you get an engaged tone. It is plugged into a socket.

Anna

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that for me, 

I have looked into the account and can see you do need a tech to come and visit, I have taken the opportunity to book the next available appointment, this is for Friday (30th) between the hours of 4-7. If this time and date is not suitable you can change this by Logging into your online account

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

thanks for the appointment but we won’t be in. I have logged into my account but can’t see where to change it. Almost any time next week would suit.

Thanks 

Anna

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Anna-A,

I've re-arranged the appointment for early next week as requested and you should be able to find the details via your online account using the link Zak has provided.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but when for? The link Zak sent takes me to my account but I cannot find any information there about appointments.

Anna

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm the appointment 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Forum Team

I'm having similar problems to the original poster - I have tried "speaking" to someone via 150 but I just go round in circles eventually being told the call centres are closed. I started a conversation with the "bot" online and it eventually tried to transfer me to someone to "speak to"  but this seemed to fail as well.

We are sometimes able to make outgoing calls but the line is very very noisy/crackly. Other times we cant seem to get a dial tone - sometimes the automated voice tells us to replace the handset and try again. We are unable to receive any incoming calls at all. A test via the check status keeps on telling us that the line is engaged. I have checked that the cable is in firmly to the wall socket (ours is not into the router) and even rebooted the handsets/answer machine base station.

Help - how can I arrange for a fix please?

Thanks

Phil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilGov,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and I've arranged for a technician to come and inspect the line as there are no faults flagging up from our side. 

You can view the time and date of your appointment by signing into your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos