Menu
Highlighted
Amanda16
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Land line not working

My land line has stopped working. There is no dial tone. When you ring it from another phone you get a ring tone but does not ring out on home phone. Was working ok until about a month or so ago but then just stopped working. It is a new phone but have tried another one to check if phone is faulty but it still didn't work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Land line not working

Hi Amanda16,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

Thanks for checking the line for us. I've run diagnostics on your line and the network is clear at the moment. I'd like to send a technician to check it out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Billspen48
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. We have no land line working. An engineer came out yesterday and advised that a new cable was required and he would contact the necessary department to arrange. How can we contact to arrange the visit?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have the team not yet been in contact with you to arrange this Billspen48? 

I would suggest that you call into our team on 0345 454 1111 and they can arrange for the visit to take place and the issue resolved.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Billspen48
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Steve. Why is always the customer that has to do the chasing which also costs us a considerable amount of phone costs? I will see how long it is before someone from Virgin has the courtesy to ring or message .

@Steven_L wrote:

Have the team not yet been in contact with you to arrange this Billspen48? 

I would suggest that you call into our team on 0345 454 1111 and they can arrange for the visit to take place and the issue resolved.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Billspen48
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to advise that engineers just arrived, unannounced, but fortunately I was at home. Laid new cable and all is connected. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Happy to hear that your landline is back up and running for you @Billspen48 and thanks for updating us.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos