cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line is down.

NormaAtkinson
Joining in

Hi. 
anyone able to help, my mums phone has been off since Thursday. We thought that it wa her phone to start with as it went very quiet so we purchased some new ones from Amazon but it’s not worked infact it’s actually now completely cut off. The new phone has been set up correctly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @NormaAtkinson thanks for your reply via PM - no problem at all I've been able to locate things using the address provided via PM.

I've checked things over, and there aren't any network outages so it does appear that your Mum is the only one impacted here unfortunately.

Due to this, I have booked a technician for her to arrive as soon as possible. I can't inform you of the appointment time over here publicly, but if you sign into your Mum's account via My Virgin Media, the appointment time should display there.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need any further help here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NormaAtkinson thanks a lot for your postg although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can obtain your Mum's details to be able to look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @NormaAtkinson thanks for your reply via PM - no problem at all I've been able to locate things using the address provided via PM.

I've checked things over, and there aren't any network outages so it does appear that your Mum is the only one impacted here unfortunately.

Due to this, I have booked a technician for her to arrive as soon as possible. I can't inform you of the appointment time over here publicly, but if you sign into your Mum's account via My Virgin Media, the appointment time should display there.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need any further help here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom. Signed in but can’t see anything on there regarding my mums visit. Can you help with where to find this please 

Hey @NormaAtkinson, thanks for the reply.

Sometimes it can take a bit of time for the appointment to show up on MyVM.
May I ask if you can see it now? Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I cannot see it? Now your site is down?

Can you tell me which section it is in as I cannot find an appointment anywhere?

Thank you 

B38BE947-AEEF-45A7-935C-7A415B8A4A7B.png

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NormaAtkinson, sorry to see there are no appointments booked in for your mother at the minute. Could you please check here https://virg.in/servicechecker and let us know if any known issues come up in regard to the landline in the area as this would explain this? Sometimes, if we detect the fault lies to our area network we may put the technician visit on hold and send a network engineer out instead to fix this. Please, let us know what info you get from there, we're happy to assist further ^AG 

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nothing is down? No known service issues.