cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line appears dead - no dial tone

tm18
Joining in

Hi everyone

My Virgin Landline phone has gone 'dead' (with last day or two). No dial tone in the last 30 - 48 hours.

Have tried phone on main socket but no difference. Anyone else (in Devon) experiencing same? 

Thanks - tm18

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tm18,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tm18,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're currently have no dialling tone on your landline.

Can we ask if you're able to try and alternative handset just so we're able to eliminate the equipment?

Also, please can we ask you to remove and extension sockets and other equipment you have attached to your line. for example, fax machines, modems etc and try your landline in your master socket after removing additional equipment.

We have included our self-help link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/landline-not-working

Please try the above first and come back to us if your require further support.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thank you Jodi

I don't have another handset to try at the moment but will try to access one. I use a BT Studio plus cordless phone which appears to work okay but when plugged into the master socket (marked Eurobell - yes I know, old!) there is still no dial tone. No other phones, fax machines are connected or involved and no cables have been damaged or disturbed.  The last time my phone rang was 3 or 5 days ago - incoming call regarding online purchase which I heard ok.

tm18

Many thanks for coming back to me tm18,

Don't worry if you have no alternative handset, we can still carry out further checks without this. 

I am going to pop you over a private message as we may need to book you an engineer if you're still without a dial tone.

please click on the parolee envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tm18,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi. 

Hello Jodi,

Landline back up okay! Tom (the engineer) arrived with a new hub and did the reinstallation so my phone now works off that okay. Many thanks to Tom for an efficient job and yourselves.

tm18

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update tm18,

I'm glad you were able to get this sorted!

Do pop back up if you require further assistance.

Take care,

Kain