cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line: No dial tone, No incoming calls, online test say system is ok

Jane581
Tuning in

Hi Our electricity cut out Saturday night and ever since then our landline phone doesn;t have a ring tone at all, we can;t phone out and nobody can phone in. I've tried using another phone and that doesn;t work either. I've checked online and it says there are no known issues in our area.

Please can I book an engineer, thankyou!

Jane

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry about that Jane581,

Welcome to the community!

Before we go into further detail, can I ask is your phone connected via your Hub or through a seperate line?

Also does the landline you use have any power to it at all i.e. can you get any contacts up etc?

Thanks,

Kain

My phone is connected via a seperate line. There is power getting into the phone as the message alert is flashing but other than that it's dead really.  If I pick the phone piece up and then put it back onto the phone there is a message flashes up 'Line in Use'. The electricity went off at 11pm at night and nobody was on the phone so I know there is a fault somewhere.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

It seems that you will need a technician for this, before we book any appointment I just have to advise the following.

There can be a £25 charge added to the account if;

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know whether you're okay with this and I'll drop you a PM to get this sorted. 

Thanks again,

Kain

Yes I understand this. Please pm so that we can sort it out.

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Brilliant, 

You'll be able to see the message within the purple envelope icon!

Thanks,

Kain