cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line: No dial tone, No incoming calls, online test say system is ok

jcasey
Joining in

Land line: No dial tone, No incoming calls, online test say system is ok

Wednesday of last week  - 13 April 2022 - discovered my home phone no longer has a dial tone and people trying to ring me cannot get through.

Attempts to ring out on any other number including 150 failed too. I have tried using an old style phone unit.  

I have tried the online test facility a few times yesterday and today, but that has only told me the line was fine.

What do I do now? How do I get an engineer to fix it?

Jim

[I have had same problem a number of times over the years and it has always required an engineer to fix something wrong in the “switch box ?” out on the local main road]

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @jcasey, thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have had no landline since last Wednesday, I have checked our system just to make sure that this wasn't anything in the area that is causing this, but everything seems fine.

I will therefore send you a PM to confirm your details so I can help further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks Nathan, for your prompt reply. I am a bit slow on the uptake I think, but what is a PM?

No worries, PM just means a private message. If you can see the purple envelope you will see my message to you 🙂

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just to update the thread I have booked a tech to come and help with this landline issue.

@jcasey, please let me know how this visit goes. If you need anything else please let me know.

Regards

Nathan

Nathan the visit went well. The long-standing problem with the box on the street was by-passed - since it could not be immediately fixed - by my being moved to voice over internet. And I was happy with this solution. Thanks again. Sorry for delayed reply. Jim

Glad to hear the visit went well @jcasey and that the issue was resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs