cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Line Fee and Call package Once switched over to the New Wi-Fi Connection

Hampshire-Dave
Joining in

I have received my Virgin Media Adapter in preperation for the Changeover to the Fibre Network.  Once the changeover is made and my phone is connected to the Virgin HUB I assume that I will no longer be charged for the landline or any calls as I am effectively using VOIP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All customer are migrating over to the 21CV line.

You can read more information on the switchover online here

Yes there is still an analogue exchange between the connections. Your router uses a separate RF connection to talk to the exchange equipment which is analogue and you are still connected to the same head exchange you were with your old line, meaning you are receiving and paying for the same service. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Hampshire-Dave

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

You will still pay for your landline and your calls will be covered within the plan that you subscribe to. 

Thank you. 

Dear Virgin,

Sorry but this doesn't make sense.  If I am making and receiving calls over Wi-Fi through my Virgin Media HUB why would I still be charged for a Landline when nothing is connected to it?

Also not sure why I would be charged for calls or even subscribe to any plan when all calls will be using VOIP.  We have VOIP at work and there is no charge for calls.

I'm happy to hear that you have now received the adaptor and that you have changed over to 21CV, I can confirm that the landlines will not change over to VoIP service until 2025, so we have a while before everyone is switched over. 

At the moment the landlines use the analogue system, and in 2025 we will be able to move everyone to the digital service, which is when it will become the 'VoIP service'. 

I can also confirm for you that nothing changes for you at present as you have the 21CV and will not be switched to VoIP as confirmed above, until 2025. 

The calls are still connected to the exchange, and you are still paying for the same service you received before. 

I hope that's a bit clearer for you. 

Thank you. 

Hi Ash,

I received the adaptor today and waiting to be told when to connect it to my Virgin HUB.

If I understand this correctly all my calls will be going through my HUB so I assume Wi-Fi. Once my home phone is connected to the HUB I will no longer be connected to the 'Analogue' landline so why will I still be charged for it?

If I understand your reply correctly are you saying that even though my calls will be going through my HUB /Wi-Fi there is still an analogue exchange connecting the calls?

If VoIP is not coming in until 2025 then why are the changes being made approximately 3 years before?

All customer are migrating over to the 21CV line.

You can read more information on the switchover online here

Yes there is still an analogue exchange between the connections. Your router uses a separate RF connection to talk to the exchange equipment which is analogue and you are still connected to the same head exchange you were with your old line, meaning you are receiving and paying for the same service. 

Thank you.