cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOA Contact details for porting number out from VM

markstripes
Tuning in

I need to port my PSTN number away from Virgin Media to another operator.

The receiving operator needs a letter of authority signed from me with details of the "losing" operator (i.e. Virgin Media).  If this were a business port, it'd be easy as the Virgin Media Business team publicly advertise their address coordinates. Prole/domestic .... not so much.

Which addresses (email and postal) should I use? VM has many 🙂

For example, when porting numbers away from or to Telnyx, 71-75 Shelton street Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ United Kingdom and porting@telnyx.com; for BT it is BT PLC,   Address: 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ and email wolverhamptonnumberportability@bt.com

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You shouldn't need to do that.

Where a provider has a porting agreement with Virgin Media for residential services, they also have existing lines of communication set up so that it should all be handled by your new provider.

If your new provider doesn't have this set up, it may well be that there isn't a porting agreement with Virgin Media.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @markstripes,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing some complications regarding a landline number. Can you elaborate on what it is that you're looking to do exactly?

If you're looking to port to/from a provider you'd need to notify your provider you're moving to of your intent to bring your number across, and they would then contact your previous provider to see if it's possible to transfer across. The number would still need to be active with your previous provider too for this to go ahead.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!