cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LANDLINE

Simon_1984
Joining in

Hello, 

My landline has had no dial tone for 2 days. The status on the website says it is fine, Changed handsets and still the same. Please can a member of the virginmedia team contact me so we can get this fixed ASAP. 

Thankyou.

Simon.

3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Simon_1984,

Thank you for posting on our forum and sorry to see you are having issues with our landline service. So I can see what is happening in a closer detail I will be sending you a private message, please watch out for the purple envelope.  

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello. 

Thankyou but all has been fixed now. 

Spoke to a nice lady (Sharon), Booked an engineer to come round the next day (Today) and have resolved the issue.

The phone socket has been made redundant and is now connected through the HUB. Which i was told will the new normal.

Thankyou. 

Simon.

Hi Simon_1984

Amazing! Glad to hear this has been resolved for you now, thanks for letting us know. 

Yes, the older copper lines are becoming obsolete and will be completely removed for service by all providers by the end 2025. Home phones are being switched over to a IP or digital network, so will be connected to the router. 

If you would like more information, you can check our our forums threads here or through the Future of Voice website here. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley