cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LANDLINE STOPPED WORKING!!!

gizmo1
Joining in

My landline has stopped working in the last hour. I've tried plugging in another phone but still no ring tone. Virgin Media status is saying there are no faults in area. I can't call Virgin Media because the landline doesn't work. My mobile phone is a pay as you go sim and it will cost too much to call the helpline with that. Is there any way to get this sorted via online help?

3 REPLIES 3

gizmo1
Joining in

Mine just started working again. I called a friend to speak to them and then mid conversation (within 5 minutes) it cut off and there has been no ringtone since. I just wish Virgin Media would update the status page to account for this fault and give us an estimated fix time.

gizmo1
Joining in

Someone on another thread has said that the landlines will  now only work when plugged into the router and NOT when plugged into the wall sockets. Does anyone know if this a permanent thing from now on or just a temporary measure.

Hi gizmo1,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline.

I've had a closer look from our side and can see you're affected by an outage, this should be resolved later on today if you can please keep us posted with how you get on.

In regards to the line going through the hub, all customers will be moved over eventually. You can read more on this here

Alex_Rm