cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LANDLINE CALL COSTS

ALF28
Super solver

TALK MORE ANYTIME

Are all call free up to one hour (60 minutes), and if it runs over how long before it appears on the current bill?

Like so many calls these days, mine was to the tax office (0300 code) it went 42 minutes of music and eventually answered but then put on hold for approx 15 minutes  so I rang off as they never came back, so my call was 70 minutes, so not sure if I would pay for the extra 10 minutes and what the cost would be, my account shown no call costs yet.

I rang again, got through to the tax office HMRC and then they cut me off again and said ring back later. I will have to try again- what a nightmare to speak to a person.

I also saw today on the news that costs are due to increase in April  for virgin by an average of  13.8 per cent, most providers are increasing the fees.

As call waiting times are often up to an hour these days or more, it may be wise to limit the calls to say half an hour waiting/music so they do not go beyond one hour and just keep trying to get through. It is very frustrating that most companies now have long waiting times to answer customer calls, and if there is a one hour restriction it may not be enough these days.

10 REPLIES 10

Best to keep a log of the calls and use a clock to time them, and any that go over the 1 hour in the anytime calls package.

If possible, it is best to keep calls less than one hour to avoid charges.

I agree, charges used to show. I rang 150 billing and they gave me my charges for the landline, they advised me to use the VM app for billing but I do not have smart phone.

My bills are not showing at all today, they might be a fault or getting updated.