cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my landline number

Cdoc
Joining in

My elderly mother moved to virgin from talktalk and wants to keep her old number. She was not asked about this on joining and requires help as she is now a bit confused on what to do. We have not set up the virgin landline and talktalk is still active. Any advice please

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cdoc,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, we really appreciate it. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion about the number switch. Does your mother's package include a landline? Has the install already taken place?

If so, then there is an option to port the previous TalkTalk number over to Virgin Media once your landline is set up.

Please let us know the above information so we can advise further.

Thank you, 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina 

Her package was internet and she added the phone. The package for self set up was due to arrive yesterday but not here yet. Does she have to set up the virgin line first.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cdoc,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue, and thank you for the information you provided.

If a broadband and landline package was taken out, when the QuickStart self-install box arrives, there will be instructions on how to connect both broadband and landline services.

You can take a look at our YouTube video on how to install Broadband and Telephone services as this is quite helpful.

Has your mother received a tracking number that she can use to look up when the delivery will take place? Please keep us updated when you can.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina

The only information she has is as follows

Contract No. 26/012043759/01

Contract Date>06/05/2021

KMM78364654V11041LOKM.  Dont know what this number is for but it is on her paperwork. The package for the landline has still  not arrived and the contract started last Thursday. I got a text to say it was getting delivered on Thursday

Thanks for your help

Thanks for coming back to us @Cdoc

Sorry to hear the delivery has not yet arrived. 

I have been unable to locate the account using your Forum info.

Has your Mum been able to speak with our team for a tracking number? 

Once the landline is set up, we can look to port the number from the old number providing it's still active. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

She has been unable to speak to the team about delivery

Okay, I will send you a PM now to take a closer look into this for you. 

Please ensure you have your Mothers account info to hand 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team