cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my home phone number

chrisellins
Tuning in

25 years ago when I moved to St Albans I was given a home telephone number from Virgin. Over the years I have moved home on 4 occasions and service provider on numerous, each time retaining my home telephone number. 

Last October my Mum died and I chose to inherit her broadband and home telephone contract with the agreement of the provider to retain my details. What was supposed to happen was a smooth exchange between Vodaphone and Talktalk. What has happened is Vodaphone has declined to port the number because it is a "Virgin Media" number!!1 Too weird.

Who do I need to connect with to check this out so I can keep my home telephone of 25 years?

14 REPLIES 14

Hi chrisellins, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us. 

If Vodafone have advised that the number has been returned to us then this would be the case. As soon as your account closed with Vodafone, unless the number went active with Talk Talk - which you have already advised hasn't happened - the number would have been returned to us. 

Talk Talk will need to reach out to us directly to request your number be ported over to them. Just to set expectations, there is no guarantee that this will be allowed but they do have their own internal teams that will have a process to complete. 

If they're unable to or unwilling to reach out to us then there isn't anything we can do I'm afraid. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath, I have terminated my contract with Talktalk and now want to discuss opening up a discussion with VM and secure my home telephone number of 25 years. Can you advise me please?

Hi @chrisellins thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Thanks for expressing an interest in bringing your number across to ourselves.  Can you please confirm if your number is still active with your existing provider?

Regards

Lee_R

It isnt. Disconnected on Feb 8th and returned to Virgin.

I want to check it is still available and then I want to wrap it up into a bundle of equivalent services.

The entire process to date has been a road crash.

Chris

I am really sorry chrisellins

So it sounds like we need to confirm the number is back with us, reserve it to your account and assign it.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R