cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my existing virgin landline phone number

Mehreen1
Joining in

Hi,

My ex partner is taking over the phone line as I'm moving out of the house. The phone line is currently with virgin and he's going to also be using virgin. I don't need the existing number and he has put in an order for a new package but the operator has said you can't keep the existing number. I don't think this is true. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mehreen1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues about keeping your existing landline number. 

Can you please clarify what you mean in regards to how the number transfer would work. Is your ex partner looking to switch the current Virgin Media landline number to replace the new Virgin Media landline number from their new account?

You can read more about this process on our How To Keep My Number page. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a section for keeping landline numbers.

Please let me know so I can look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paula,

Thanks for reaching out. Much appreciated.

My ex has purchased a new package today and is due to go live on 21st June. I guess he'll be given a new number with his account.

My current package closes on 20th June. The current virgin landline number I have he wants it to be transferred to his new package. How can this done?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mehreen1,

Thank you for coming back to me about your landline query and thank you for clarifying what the situation is. 

We can move numbers internally between accounts. This would have to be done by contacting our Movers Team on 150/ 03454541111 so they can process the Move and Transfer of the landline number from one account to another. This should have been done when your ex partner enquired about this on the call.

Please advise them to call back and chat to our team again if possible. Apologies that you were advised incorrectly.

Keep us updated on how they get on. If they need further assistance, please advise them to create a Community Forums post so we can assist further if needed as we would need to speak to them in order to have this number moved to their account.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs