Menu
PnoTuna
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Keeping landline number...without a landline!

We are moving out of  our current house soon, but are moving in with family short term while we purchase a new property.  Is it possible for us to keep our phone number reserved ready for our new house? We've had the same number for 15+ years so would like to keep it!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping landline number...without a landline!

not possible AFAIK but you might be able to port it to a provider like SIPGate or another VOIP provider

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello PnoTuna, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post. 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to hold or reserve your landline number I'm afraid. 

Are the family you are moving in with currently with Virgin Media? If so, we could look at adding a second landline to their account and moving the number across to them (if they are in the correct catchment area for your number). 

You could then transfer that number to your new account when it's ready (again, providing that you're in the correct catchment area for the number range) 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PnoTuna
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, my parents have virgin media... so we could just get a second phone line put in?

That sounds like it should work ok.

Thanks for your suggestion 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all PnoTuna, 

When are you thinking of disconnecting your services? We would require 30 days notice to action this. 

When you are ready - pop back through to us here and myself or my colleague Joe will be more than happy to help; we can chat your parents account/address to see if this would be possible and if they can accept your number range 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PnoTuna
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have direct messaged you about this

0 Kudos