cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep landline number

stevefo420
Joining in

I'm moving out of the family home, cancelling my existing VM contract, and my son is taking a new VM contract. We want the landline number to remain the same. Will this happen automatically or do we need to do anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stevefo420, thanks for your confirmation of details privately.

The best thing to do regarding this, due to there being no active disconnection date for you is to give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and discuss your son taking over the account.

As we don't do a transfer of responsibility as such anymore, the whole process will be exactly as you've described which is cancelling your account down and creating one in your son's name.

When you do call and discuss cancelling, please let the agent know that you wish to keep your landline active for your son to take over when he joins, and we'll get this arranged for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stevefo420, thanks for your post here in the community forums.

I'm just going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm your account for details for security, and then I can go into specifics for you.

Please expect this PM within the next minute or so and reply to that directly!

Regards

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stevefo420, thanks for your confirmation of details privately.

The best thing to do regarding this, due to there being no active disconnection date for you is to give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and discuss your son taking over the account.

As we don't do a transfer of responsibility as such anymore, the whole process will be exactly as you've described which is cancelling your account down and creating one in your son's name.

When you do call and discuss cancelling, please let the agent know that you wish to keep your landline active for your son to take over when he joins, and we'll get this arranged for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W