cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with making International Calls

SV0055
Tuning in

I have subscribed to Virgin's Talk Extra International as I call South Africa regularly. In recent weeks I have been getting several disconnections in a single call. Connection cuts after about 5 minutes and when connected the call quality is very poor.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SV0055 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the calling issue. Is it only happening on those calls to South Africa or are other numbers affected as well?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for your prompt reply. No issues with calls within the UK. Apart from South Africa, I do not make any other International calls. The same issue occurs with destination numbers at various cities within South Africa as well as to mobile phones in South Africa. If the same numbers in South Africa calls me, the calls are okay.

I had issues very early on when I started with this service and it has since stabilized with a reasonable service. However, as I said in my initial post, recently it is an unusable service, for both duration of connectivity and call quality.

Regards.

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'll send you a PM to get some details

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill