cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a network outage in PO4 area?

fitzzy3
Tuning in

My landline has had no dial tone since Friday evening, no-one can phone in either.  When I  go through the process of reporting it / checking service status via my Media account, you just go round in circles, stating 'check service status' and it stating there is no problems!!! No link to report it, no phone number to report it!!!  How can you claim the £8 a day (as they advertise) compensation fee when you can't report / record an outage issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @fitzzy3, thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your landline. If you have searched for any outages via this link then our systems will have registered your service issues. 

Having had a look on our systems I can see there is currently an open landline outage in your area. This is due to be fixed by 8:20pm this evening. If you can please get back to us tomorrow if you are still experiencing issues so we can look into things further for you. The fix time is estimated, and the team are working on this currently, so hopefully it is resolved ahead of time. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused!

If you are eligible for compensation through our auto comp scheme, it will automatically be applied to the account. You can see more information on this here. Please note the £8 a day compensation listed is for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us. 

Let us know how things are tomorrow!

All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @fitzzy3, thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your landline. If you have searched for any outages via this link then our systems will have registered your service issues. 

Having had a look on our systems I can see there is currently an open landline outage in your area. This is due to be fixed by 8:20pm this evening. If you can please get back to us tomorrow if you are still experiencing issues so we can look into things further for you. The fix time is estimated, and the team are working on this currently, so hopefully it is resolved ahead of time. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused!

If you are eligible for compensation through our auto comp scheme, it will automatically be applied to the account. You can see more information on this here. Please note the £8 a day compensation listed is for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us. 

Let us know how things are tomorrow!

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I did go through that same link yesterday, when it was brought to my attention by my mum that the landline was not working.  I hope this has registered that I checked for outage issues in the PO4 area.  I will be contacting again if it is not back on by tomorrow evening.  Thanks Rachel.  

Thank you for getting back to us. Apologies again for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

I do hope it is resolved ASAP! Let us know how things get on.  

All the best. 

Molly

Holly

My landline phone is still disconnected. No dial tone. I have switched the router off and on numerous times now. I believe other properties in the PO4 area are back on? Can mine be addressed ASAP as I cannot receive calls from my family. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for the issues fitzzy3,

Welcome back to the community!

The landline is still affected by the area fault unfortunately. 

With the storm there has been some obstacles in resolving the landline, our team are working as efficient as possible to fix the issue.

Apologies,

Kain

How do I know if the loss of service I had last weekend has been registered?  Is it from the first 'post' I enter on here? I am wondering about the automatic compensation scheme and how it works.    My landline had no dial tone from Friday evening and was not put back until Wednesday.  Can you clarify that I will receive automatic compensation?

The automatic compensation is done automatically on your account once you have registered your fault with us via phone or online. We are unable to register the fault here on the forum as a post. You can find out more and register here https://virg.in/autocomp.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I was referred to this link on Sunday by 'Molly' one of your team (you will see in the thread of this chat).  There is no 'sub-link' in this link to actually register (fill in the details ie; dates from and to when the service was down).  Last Saturday when I logged on to my account to to do a 'Service Checker' it kept saying that all my services were working (when my phone was clearly down) and just kept taking me back to the 'Total loss of broadband or phone services page'.  I only found out there was a open landline outage issue on this 'Community page'.  

Please advise me and other customers on where you 'officially register' the loss of services?

I have read that ...'compensation listed is for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of services to us. Again, please advise me, showing me the correct link to 'register the loss of services'?

Thanks for coming back and letting us know, if there was a known issue showing on the service page then it would allow you to register for auto compensation. If this did not show on the service page it could've either been a more localised issue to your equipment or the team had not been notified of this issue to update the service page.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules