cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is telephony still disabled on the HUB 5?

Luqybb91
Dialled in

I was informed a couple of weeks ago that the hub 5's telephone feature is currently disabled, so I had to revert back to the hub 3 after getting it reactivated by a member on this forum. I was told we were a few weeks away from having the feature activated, so has anything changed since then?

I would check myself by reinstalling the hub 5, but I don't want to go through the hassle of deactivating and reactivating the hub 3 incase the situation turns out to be the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Luqybb91

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The Hub5 should now work with your 21CV service, can you give it a try for me and keep me updated how you get on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As far as I know yes.

Also as Virgin Media don't make technical changes this close to Christmas so I would think it'll be 2022 before the phones work with the Hub 5
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Has there been any news on the Hub 5's telephony feature? we're midway through March and it's still disabled.

Hi @Luqybb91,

Thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear you're facing some issues with the landline feature via your Hub 5.

Can you try disconnecting the landline from the router (if it isn't already), performing a factory reset of the router, and then plugging it back in?

Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I think there's a misunderstanding. I'm asking if the telephony feature has been activated on the Super Hub 5 because when I opened this thread it was disabled at the time since the Hub 5 was still in trail. My Hub 5 is disconnected and I'm currently using the Hub 3 because of the telephone issue. So to be clear, the landline officially works through the new Hub 5 now? If so, how do I go about reconnecting my Hub 5 to the incoming line after disconnecting the Hub 3?

Hi @Luqybb91

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The Hub5 should now work with your 21CV service, can you give it a try for me and keep me updated how you get on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Some members of my family work from home and need the internet, so I'll give you an update after 5pm.

Hi @Luqybb91

Thank you for your reply

Please do keep us updated as the Hub5 should be compatible now 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I installed the Hub 5 and then rang virgin to get it activated, and thankfully everything including the landline is working as it should and there are no connectivity issues with any of my wired or wireless devices as of yet. I ran a speed test on Samknows and I almost got 400mbps down and 40mbps up when I'm only paying for 350mbps down and 30mbps (or is it 35?) up 😁

The only issue I have is with the router status screen in the hubs main portal, when I click on downstream or upstream it shows a box with whole bunch of error codes, is there a fix for this? Other than that everything is set and I'm happy so thanks for your help.

Hi @Luqybb91  thanks for your post and that's really great to hear!

There are some pages of the Hub Settings that aren't available at the moment due to the Hub 5's early life cycle, but can you provide a screenshot of this so we can look into it further for you and confirm if this should be affected or not?

Many thanks

Tom_W