cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Panasonic handset compatible with a Virgin Media landline?

JHW22
Joining in

Can a Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System KX-TGJ422E be used on a Virgin Media landline? Virgin 150 helpline are clueless and don't know whether it's compatible or can work with an adapter of some sort. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JHW22 wrote:

Can a Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System KX-TGJ422E be used on a Virgin Media landline? Virgin 150 helpline are clueless and don't know whether it's compatible or can work with an adapter of some sort. Thanks

You should be able to use your Panasonic phone and the only adapter you will need is one which allows the BT plug from your cordless phone base station to connect to the RJ11 TEL1 socket on the VM hub as below.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

There are no electronics in the adapter. It is just to change the connector type.

VM should supply you with the adapter if you are a new customer or provide one if VM is switching you to a phone connection from the VM hub.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any modern landline phone or DECT cordless units can be used with VM 21CV hub based lines.

I have a set of Panasonic DECT KX-TGC423 handsets with answering machine running on a VM hub based line with no problems.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JHW22 wrote:

You should be able to use your Panasonic phone and the only adapter you will need is one which allows the BT plug from your cordless phone base station to connect to the RJ11 TEL1 socket on the VM hub as below.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

There are no electronics in the adapter. It is just to change the connector type.

VM should supply you with the adapter if you are a new customer or provide one if VM is switching you to a phone connection from the VM hub.

Many thanks for your help, especially the photo. Much appreciated. 

Many thanks. That's good to know. Much appreciated.

DESR
Joining in

My question is: can a Panasonic cordless answering system like this (with handsets around the house) be used on a Virgin Media landline after it has been switched over to the new fibre network?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DESR wrote:

My question is: can a Panasonic cordless answering system like this (with handsets around the house) be used on a Virgin Media landline after it has been switched over to the new fibre network?

Yes but VM voicemail on the line would need to be switched off so only the Panasonic answering machine picked up unanswered calls..

Do you have more than one home phone? How many phones need direct plug in to the virgin router?

One 

As others are working of the main one so u have sets of them so one is plugged in to router rest of them will work of that