cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls to China is not working!!!!

evergreenamy
Tuning in

Hello there,

I have experienced the difficulty to ring my home tome, Nanjing in China since 12/09. Any numbers in that specific city are always engaged sound. I reported the issue to the tech. tier 1 team on the same day. Today is 23rd of September, the issue still remains, I cannot remember how many times I contacted Virgin Media during these days. 

My father was in ICU on 12/09, he still could speak then; but due to the phone line problem, I had no other ways to contact him, he passed away on 15/09. I lost the opportunity forever!

I have subscribed the highest phone package with VM, talk more international any time. I have tried number in USA, which is fine. I have tried numbers in some major cities in China, such as Beijing, Shanghai etc, they all working except Nanjing, my hometown.

Every time when I spoke to tier 1 team, they would say I put you through to tier 2 team, a ticket remains open for 8 days now (a ticket, log no. was given to me on 16/09). After that, no update from VM at all. If I contacted the team again, they will repeat the above same procedure and reading the same blurbs on the screen again and again!

I need this long-standing issue to be sorted out ASAP. Please help!

23 REPLIES 23

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI evergreenamy, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the experience and situation. I can see that an IT ticket has been raised and is showing as no issues. Can you confirm if you are still having issues calling these numbers and we will be able to investigate this further for you. - Chris 

Chris,

I can confirm the issue still REMAINS.

Hello there,

Tier 1 team cannot find any problem, that is why they escalate the issue to tier 2.

My landline has no problem to ring the numbers in the UK;

My landline has no problem to ring the numbers in the USA (one of the international destination within my phone package);

My landline has no problem to ring the numbers in some major cities in China, although I haven't/cannot test all the cities;

BUT, my landline cannot make any phone calls to Nanjing, which is my hometown in China. This matters to me indeed.

Please send field engineer to my household to test. Otherwise, remote test might still shows that there is NO PROBLEM!

23 days now! 

Any readers/community members have international phone package? I can give you a number to ring, just to see if you experience the same issue as me. If yours is fine, it may mean my line has got problem. If you cannot get through too, it may mean the digital exchange gadget(?) between VM and Nanjing is broken?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @evergreenamy,

I am sorry the issue with calling your home town.

I will investigate this further with you in private, please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your page.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @evergreenamy,

Thank you for talking to me in a private message.

I have checked over everything, second line support have been contacted for you current issues, you will need to wait for a call back from them but it will not be over the weekend as they only work Monday to Friday.

There is nothing more I am able to do, please wait for this call back and they will help you further from there. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello there,

A tickets was raised on 16/09, today is 27/09, promised deadline 24-48hours is well exceeded. I still haven't heard anything from them! Please help.

Apologies for the delay evergreenamy, the teams are really busy and it may be that this is still being investigated. Once an update is available they will be in touch.

Rob

Hello there,

The issue still remains! However, I managed to speak to a nice lady who works in Customer Retention Team earlier this morning, she has passed the following information to me.

Technical department tier 2 team asked ME (as a paying customer) to contact telecommunication providers in China to open the line to Virgin Media!

Is it a joke or something else?

1/ As a paying customer, my contractual relationship lies between Virgin Media and I. Therefore, any issue incurred during the period of contract, it is the service provider's responsibility to sort it out at B2B level;

2/ Hypothetically saying, I am able to contact Virgin Media's counterparts in China, How can they take my individual's request seriously?

3/ There are at least 10 different telecommunication providers in China, How do I know which one/ones to contact?

It has been 18 days now that I cannot ring my hometown in China!