cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent outages over several weeks + landline issues

zzzzztt
On our wavelength

I've had outages over several weeks. Connections seems stable last few days.

However, and I see someone else has had an issue of crackly landline - me too, again over several weeks.

Then over Sunday landline went completely for many hours. It was a known issue and supposedly resolved but I'm having problems again today. No dial tone, can't receive calls (although I did get it back for about 5 minutes a bit earlier).

What's going on? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zzzzztt,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some ongoing area issues and landline problems recently! This is definitely not ideal, and not the service that we aim to provide.

I was able to locate your account and look to see if there are any issues listed on our system. In this case, I can see that there is still an active Utilisation outage in your area. The fault reference number is F008734231 and the outage is estimated to be fixed at 13/09/21 at 09:20.

This is only an estimated date and time, so this can change depending on the severity of the issue.

Please keep an eye on your connection, and if you're still experiencing some landline and connection issues past this date, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

zzzzztt
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply.

The service status page doesn't show there's a fault as it did the other day.

It's 2nd today... seriously? No fix until 13th?? What on earth is the problem? What compensation will be issued for this time of no service? Apart from paying for a landline I also pay for any time calls - neither of which I can use.

Word has it Virgin doesn't have the capacity for all the new developments going on. Is there any truth in that?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@zzzzztt wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

The service status page doesn't show there's a fault as it did the other day.

It's 2nd today... seriously? No fix until 13th?? What on earth is the problem? What compensation will be issued for this time of no service? Apart from paying for a landline I also pay for any time calls - neither of which I can use.

Word has it Virgin doesn't have the capacity for all the new developments going on. Is there any truth in that?

Compensation info is at the two links below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

Read all of the small-print carefully as to when and how it applies (particularly to full loss of a service rather than intermittent service). It is also not quite as automatic as it suggests. Make sure you have logged the fault via one of the approved means (ringing in or acknowledging a problem via one of the automated online test methods) so as to start the compensation clock running if you have not done so already.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zzzzztt,

Thank you for coming back to me in regards to the area outage that you're experiencing. I completely understand your frustration with this.

Our team is working hard oh having this issue resolved for you as soon as possible, 

You can take a look at our Automatic Compensation Scheme page for further details about what compensation we offer in these instances.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help further.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

zzzzztt
On our wavelength

@goslow

yeah of course there's no compensation because it's intermittent! Just when I need to make a call... of course when I check it later, it's working! But then it's not!

Thanks anyway 🙂