cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dialling tone - no voicemail

Azzer
On our wavelength

The dial tone on my phone (the noise when you pick the phone off the receiver, before you dial a number), has an intermittent "pattern" to it... 

Like "Buzzzzz..... buzz-buzz-buzzzzzzzzzzz.... buzz-buzz-buzzzzzz...."

(I know I know, but that's the best way I can do it in text!)

From googling I think this means there is a voicemail waiting - however I do not use the voicemail service from Virgin, calling 1571 suggests I can set up voicemail (so that shows I do not even have voicemail active), and I don't want voicemail nor a voicemail service (my house phone has it's own message system and call-screening to stop scam-calls).

Previous forum threads have suggested somebody from Virgin can "clear/fix" this from the Virgin end (eg manually clear the message-waiting status of a phone), is this still possible?  And, any idea how this even happened, given the voicemail service isn't even set up on my account, let alone have a message for me!?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Azzer, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums

In order for you to receive this tone, you would have to have voicemail active on your account. You can check this on your My Virgin Media account.

In order to get rid of the tone, I would advise getting someone to call you and leave a message then would be able to listen to this, then also delete all messages.

If you would like for us to remove your voicemail, please let us know and we can arrange this 

Zoie

Azzer
On our wavelength

I do not have voicemail set up, nor do I use voicemail!  If I ring the voicemail number, it asks me if I would like to set it up.

Please can you disable it/clear it for me?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Azzer

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to private message you to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs