cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dial tone

tifosi
Joining in

Hi,

I get these weird beeps before my phone actually dials a number. I called 150, and was told this was an intermittent dial tone, and that it just meant that I had a voicemail (and to call 1571). 

I called 1571 and no voicemail was waiting. I finished the initial setup of the voicemail (I'm relatively new to Virgin), and hoped that that would do it, but no, I still have the funny tones before the phone dials the number I've put in.

Any ideas? I've done some searching and I'm not in the Midlands! I see someone else had this issue and someone from Virgin did something in the backend to fix it. Hopefully someone will pick up on this.

35 REPLIES 35

hi 

im now getting intermittent dialling tone,have tried rebooting router and calling 1571(i have no messages)  

had this since 8/11/19 can someone help please?

Hi pyford,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community 🙂

Can you clarify what you mean relating the dial tone being intermittent? Is it the dial tone when you pick it up? Or just overall?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

hi john thanks for the reply

when i pick the phone up i have a dialing tone for about half a second, then it cuts out for about half a second, then i get a dialing tone for half a second again and it repeats like this.

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That is not good, I am going to need to take a closer look, I am going to send you a private message now.

Thanks Joe_F

Layth
Joining in

Hi 

I get this intermittent tone before I place a call. I have no voice-mails and am in a red zone.

Can you please help. 

Thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Layth, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you've had this problem with your landline/dial-tone. I wasn't able to help further using your forum details alone on this occasion - so please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me with the requested info when you can so we can help further.

Tom