cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dial tone

tifosi
Joining in

Hi,

I get these weird beeps before my phone actually dials a number. I called 150, and was told this was an intermittent dial tone, and that it just meant that I had a voicemail (and to call 1571). 

I called 1571 and no voicemail was waiting. I finished the initial setup of the voicemail (I'm relatively new to Virgin), and hoped that that would do it, but no, I still have the funny tones before the phone dials the number I've put in.

Any ideas? I've done some searching and I'm not in the Midlands! I see someone else had this issue and someone from Virgin did something in the backend to fix it. Hopefully someone will pick up on this.

35 REPLIES 35

Sorry Katie I have checked and it's still not a constant tone.

I will check again in the morning 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks Witchy43 - I am sorry about this; not sure as to why this would be. 

Please leave yourself another message and leave it for a couple of hours and then try listening, deleting and try again for me. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi - I'm having the same intermittent dial tone issue and live in the red zone.

Hi helpme63

Have you tried dialling 1571 to see if you have any messages waiting to be retrieved 

If you still need help then let me know, So I can send you a Privater Message and look into this in more detail

Gareth_L

Yes, no messages 

Good luck mine is still an intermittent dial tone has been for over 2 years, although I am more confident now that it doesn't actually affect my use of the landline and I dont think anyone is tapping in to my calls lol

RedUnicorn
Joining in

I also have an intermittent dial tone on my phone. I have not set up voicemail and don’t believe I have any messages (I’ve dialled 1571) and I am not in the blue zone. Please can you help?

many thanks

Good Evening RedUnicorn,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to see you have an intermittent dial tone on your landline phone.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

David_Bn

Is this the right place to get help from Virgin Media? Appreciate the questions but still not resolved.

Good Evening helpme63,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you'res till struggling

I'm happy to look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

David_Bn