cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dial tone

tifosi
Joining in

Hi,

I get these weird beeps before my phone actually dials a number. I called 150, and was told this was an intermittent dial tone, and that it just meant that I had a voicemail (and to call 1571). 

I called 1571 and no voicemail was waiting. I finished the initial setup of the voicemail (I'm relatively new to Virgin), and hoped that that would do it, but no, I still have the funny tones before the phone dials the number I've put in.

Any ideas? I've done some searching and I'm not in the Midlands! I see someone else had this issue and someone from Virgin did something in the backend to fix it. Hopefully someone will pick up on this.

35 REPLIES 35

I also have this issue

I am in a Red zone

I have no messages

I have listened to the end and pressed star 

Please help

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Semaj1973,

Very sorry to hear you are having this issue.

We would need to take a closer look into your account to see what we can do to help.

I'll drop you a PM,if you can reply to that, we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

NinjaJay
Joining in

I also need help with this please. I've just called 1765 (Red) and 1571 to setup voice mail. I have no voicemail but am getting this intermittent dial tone.

I look forward to your help,

Cheers,

Jay

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there NinjaJay

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you're having problems with your landline service.

We'd like to help so we'll send you a private message in a moment to clarify some details.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Witchy43
Joining in

Hi

I'm in the yellow zone 

I have no messages either new or saved

I have listened to the end and pressed *

I still have an intermittent dial tone.

Can someone please help me with this too?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear you have an intermittent dial tone.

Are you still having the same issue or has this now bee resolved?

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

No still the same intermittent tone.

Regards

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Witchy43,

We have checked some things here for you and all is looking tip top - please can you try calling your landline and leaving a voicemail message. 

Then call 1471 from the landline to listen and delete the message and this should clear the stuttered dial tone. 

Give it a go and let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie,

I have done as requested and I'm sorry but the intermittent dial tone is still there.

Regards

Witchy 43

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Witchy43, 

Cheers for your reply - sorry that has not worked for you. 

I have reset the Message Waiting Indicator from here manually - can you check again for me and keep me posted?

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team