cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference on phone line plugged into hub

Macg
Tuning in

I'm posting on behalf of my elderly parents, so please excuse the sketchy details, they live in a different town to me.

They recently had a hub upgrade (not sure what hub it was) and an engineer came out to fit it all for them. He plugged their phone into their hub, which was fine as it was a corded phone. Since they bought a twin set of cordless phones (Panasonic) there is lots of interference on the line. There's crackling and also it's breaking up, it gets worse the longer they're on the phone.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening please? Speaking to them tonight it appears they have the hub and the phone base on top of their desktop computer box - could it be an issue with static or something?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

For the purposes of a test, try moving the cordless base station away from the PC and the hub (within the limit of its cord) so, as far as possible, it is in a free space and not near other electrical equipment. See if that improves the interference problem. The PC or hub may be may causing interference.

The early pages of a Panasonic phone manual usually gives a lot of info about suitable placement of the base station.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

For the purposes of a test, try moving the cordless base station away from the PC and the hub (within the limit of its cord) so, as far as possible, it is in a free space and not near other electrical equipment. See if that improves the interference problem. The PC or hub may be may causing interference.

The early pages of a Panasonic phone manual usually gives a lot of info about suitable placement of the base station.

Thank you I'll ask them to give that a try, hoping it's something as simple as that!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Macg

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that your parents are having some issues with there landline. 

I think a good place to start would be to do as goslow has advised, If they are still having issues after this then we can most defiantly take a look at the lines & see how we are able to assist further.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi

Just to reply and let you know that just putting the phone and hub a little apart has sorted the problem.

Thank you so much for your help 😊

Hi Macg, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to come back to us. 

We're really glad that splitting the Hub and phone up has helped reduce the interference. 

If you have any continued issues, pop back here and let us know so we can help further. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs