cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase number of rings before voicemail

Anthony99
Joining in

Hi

Please could you increase the number of times my landline rings before the answer phone kicks in? Its currently, 4 and I would like it increased to 10.

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Anthony99, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Anthony99, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this one. 

I have raised the work order to get the number of rings extended now. It can take the team a few days to process this but if you have any further issues, come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

The number of rings still hasn’t been extended, could you let me know when it will be done please?

Hi @Anthony99 thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear this hasn't worked for you.

Please allow me to look into this further, by sending you another PM so I can try to get this resolved.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Anonymous
Not applicable

After about 3 months and hearing every lie and promise in the book it turned out 4 is the maximum if your phone plugs into the router. Totally not fit for purpose of course. VM just don't bother training any of their so called "customer support" people or allow them to say whatever they like without repercussion and don't care how much frustration they cause their customers. Normally they just fob you off with the "reboot the router" and try again in 24/48 hours lark as with any other problem or fault. Switch to a reputable company, IMO.

Hi @Anonymous thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

You have posted on a thread regarding increasing the number of rings before your voicemail kicks in, but your message would about a appear a different topic.

What issues are you having with your landline or service please and how can we help?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Anonymous
Not applicable

>>You have posted on a thread regarding increasing the number of rings before your voicemail kicks in, but your message would about a appear a different topic. <<

Wrong. Number of rings is EXACTLY what I posted about. I don't need to waste any more time attempting to get any help. I posted on this "community forum" for the benefit of the community based on the knowledge learnt from my own frustrating experiences with Virgin Media. Have a great day.

Hi @Anonymous, I am sorry but it wasn't clear based off your message on here that it was regarding the amount of rings leading to voicemail.

If you need more help on this and you need me to look into this matter, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W