cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase number of rings before voicemail

realpanjandrum
Joining in

I know this has been asked before, but I see that it can be resolved through contact here rather than by trying to call for help.

I want the number of rings before voicemail kicks in to be increased to the maximum, please.

Gerry

24 REPLIES 24

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for coming back to us with a update, glad to hear you now have more time to answer the phone, please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Paul.

I have called VM several times to have the number of rings extended before Voicemail kicks in. Still only 5 or 6 rings, though. One advisor said it was probably by phone model causing the problem as the VM has been set to 10 rings. I recently changed the landline phone but this did not help. Has anyone had theirs successfully se to ring at least 8 times?

I may have to have the VM deactivated as it really is a nuisance giving so little time to get to the handset. 

Hi there @Antwood

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome! It's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are having this issue with your phone! Can I ask for how long in seconds does the phone ring before it cuts off? 

Thank you

Hi Ash

It rings for approximately 14 seconds before the VM takes over.

Thanks for letting me know @Antwood

I have tried to extend the ringer again for you, it should be for 30 seconds or around 10 rings. Please let me know if this has worked for you?

Thank you. 

Thank you

I will let you know if this works or not.

Hi @Antwood,

Thank you. We're here to help further if you need us.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Ash

The phone rings for 22 seconds now so slightly improved. 30 seconds would be perfect if possible. 

Thanks anyway 

It seemed to take a few days for the increase to ten rings to take effect, but it worked in the end.

PS - that means it rings for 30 seconds.

Thanks for the info. I will see how this is at the weekend.