cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase number of rings before voicemail

bpp21000
Tuning in

Hi,

Could someone help me understand how to increase the number of rings before voicemail kicks in.

It is currently going too quickly to voicemail.

thanks,

33 REPLIES 33

Hi I checked today and it is still only 6 rings. 

can this be investigated please. 

many thanks 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Neilly87,

I will look into this for you, I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there

Zoie

I would like help to increase my rings as I’ve tried to do what it says on the help page but it doesn’t work for me. Mine only rings 3 or 4 times before voicemail kicks in and it’s so annoying as I don’t get to it in time

I would like help to increase my rings as I’ve tried to do what it says on the help page but it doesn’t work for me. Mine only rings 3 or 4 times before voicemail kicks in and it’s so annoying as I don’t get to it in time

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Manjo,    

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community.    

This is definitely something we can change for you. I will pop you a private message so we can go through some details to allow us to access your account. To view this, just click on the little purple envelope at the top right-hand corner of the screen.  

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Manjo, 

I have extended your rings to 10 it can take 24-48 hours to be applied, please let me know if you have any issues or if it doesn't take and I will take another look for you 🙂
Zoie

gnaylor
Joining in

I have the same problem - can you increase the number of rings before going to answerphone for me as well. Why can you not post the fix for this so that other people can get the fix as well?

G

Hi gnaylor

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I can see from checking the system you've got a technician visit booked for a noisy line. Please let the technician know about the rings and they'll be able to sort this on the same order.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

sorry to jump on the same band wagon but my elderly Mum also struggles to get to the phone in time before it goes to voicemail. She is 88 and not to quick on her pins anymore. Is this something I can arrange for her as she doesn’t have any clue about the internet/forums and helplines

thanks

John

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Jka94036.

We'd need to pass security on the account in question before putting through this change.

We'll pop over a private message for you.

Thanks, Emily.