cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Landline Number following transfer

ACH60
Joining in

Hi,

On the 19/02/22 I asked Virgin to transfer my old BT landline number. This was processed and the £25 fee will be applied to my next bill, I have given the process a week to complete, per the instructions I was emailed. However, my landline number is now completely different, it is neither the one which came with my Virgin package, nor is it my old BT number. This is after I had the gentleman read my transferring number back to me twice to double check he was inputting the correct one.

Any assistance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ACH60

welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that your number has not been correctly ported over. I will need to have this investigated further so I will send you a PM to take some details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ACH60

welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that your number has not been correctly ported over. I will need to have this investigated further so I will send you a PM to take some details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, 

just to update the thread, I have arranged for the correct number to be ported in.

Regards

Nathan

🙂 Very helpful, thank you. 

IanP3
Joining in

Our landline was discontinued unilaterally by Virgin and reinstated at our request via the router. However, our landline number had been changed, unbeknownst to us and without our consent and dialling our previous number results in a message that we have dialled an incorrect number. We would like our previous number back , please. Several calls to 150 and submitting a complaint have proven fruitless.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @IanP3, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the landline phone number when switching from the former landline services, to the newly issued router based service.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn