cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call message on phone but calls not connecting when we answer. They have to redial

colmax
Dialled in

Getting increasing number of callers (family and friends) who's calls do not connect when we answer phone. Sometimes they get through first time and their number shows on phone - more often phone displays Incoming Call! They have to redial or we have to do a 1471 and call them. Anyone help me to fix this one please?? They are not call barred or such.

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @colmax, and we're sorry to hear of the issues with incoming calls.

Can you please advise me if you're using the phone via the hub or via a phone line?

If this is via the phone line, is this via the master socket or an extension socket?

Have you also attempted an alternative handset to rule out the possibility of this being the issue?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

connected to  hub socket 1

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this @colmax.

I will send you a private message so I can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley - I think this is now fixed. I called Virgin Tech Support and they rebooted my setup from Virgin side. This also forced home hub 3 reboot which caused a panic as it took a while to get everything back up! Anyway - had a friend call us who normally shows as 'Incoming Call' and their correct ID shows up and when we answer they do connect through to us.

Hopefully we are now fixed. First problem I've ever had with Virgin and VOIP since joining a number of years ago - impressive to be honest.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @colmax

That is great news! Thank you for letting me know 🙂

I am glad it was fixed for you so quickly, if you ever need us again please do make a new post.

Have a lovely night. 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide