cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important: Your phone service is changing

TimothyR
Joining in

Have been notified of the move to VOIP in June.

(1) My Home phone 'Binatone Defence 6025', has a base station, and two extensions. The Manual [yes, I not only kept it, but found it!], says that if connection is a broadband one, then each telephone will need a micro-filter connected, will you be supplying them with the adapter?

Does the adapter come with a telephone - router cable?

If landline operation ceasing, why no reduction in charges?

TimothyR

12 REPLIES 12

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TimothyR

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We will be supplying an adapter for the switchover to be completed, all information on the 21CV service can be found here which may help resolve any unanswered questions.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply. As the guidance suggested as I have internal telephone sockets, I rang 150 from my home phone, but could not identify which option to choose as none offered seem to fit my query re 'supply of micro-filters'. Could you advise, or am I trying to contact yourselves a tad early and so should wait for the promised letter?

Sorry meant Travis

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No microfilters required for VM.

You will need to plug your base station into the TEL1 port on the back of the VM using the VM-supplied adapter. The adapter does nothing more than change the format of the plug from a standard BT telephone plug on the cordless phone into a RJ11 plug to go into the phone socket on the hub.

Expand the 'Detailed Instructions' section here for a picture

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover#detailedinstructions

With regard to the costs post switchover, you are still getting the same VM landline service, just the manner of delivery is changing (phone socket on the back of the hub as opposed to a telephone master socket on the wall).

Hi there @TimothyR

Thank you for trying the link. 

Do you have an appointment already set up for this change over? The adaptors should be provided at the appointment.

Thank you.

Hi Thanks

So having and using a nuber of extension handsets via internal telephone sockets isn't an issue either?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@TimothyR wrote:

Hi Thanks

So having and using a nuber of extension handsets via internal telephone sockets isn't an issue either?

Do you have further corded telephones around the home plugged into telephone extension sockets (in addition to the Binatone cordless system already mentioned)?

If so you will need VM to link your existing extension sockets to the phone socket on the back of the hub as part of the switchover process. VM should offer to do this free of charge.

No appointment made yet as assumed adapter would be sent to me, with the simple install instructions as described in the email notification.

Not sure what doing in the future, so will wait and see.

Hi

Yes, base unit in ground floor lounge, near to router, second cordless extension plugged into a telephone socket in 1st floor bedroom and corded extension in kitchen.