cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ill fitted phone connector on my landline, no dial tone for over a year, im still being charge!

SusieSharp
Joining in

I rang Virgin customer services on the

02/10 @ 5.57pm spoke to April, 

Explained I'm classed as a vunrable adult, and I live alone.

She was so so rude Gaslighting bullying and absolutely no help and lied and refused to put me over to manager,

April kept me on a waste of time call for 47mins 37seconds on my mobile,

Please pull that Call and listen to her long bouts of silent mic and attitude, horrible bully to a vunrable customer.

April played a narcissistic game of wasting my 02 mobile costing me time and money I can ill afford and also damaged my mental health.

I was supposed to receive a call from her manager within 72 hours..

I'm still waiting for that call!! 

Her extortion tactics of charging me £55 dropped rapidly to £25 when I refused to pay her! 

I rang for help not a cash shakedown!

I pay £47 a month for 3 services but only have the use of 2 for a long time now even during lockdown no home line that is fit for purpose! 

Explained the telport 1 connector on the hub isn't seated properly and only worked intermittently or No dial tone at all..

I'm now considering it's actually cheaper to change providers and maybe I'll receive the services I'm actually pay for! 

Susan Anne Sharp 

Area 18 Plymouth 

2 REPLIES 2

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @SusieSharp

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post.

Really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

I would like to take a look over things and see how I can assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@SusieSharp wrote:

I rang Virgin customer services on the

<snip>

Explained the telport 1 connector on the hub isn't seated properly and only worked intermittently or No dial tone at all..

<snip>

If the adapter connection to the hub TEL1 socket is not reliable, what is the physical condition of the adapter plug like?

The RJ11 plug at one end has a lever on top which latches the plug into the socket as per pic below

https://www.screwfix.com/p/philex-rj11-6p-4c-connector-plug-100-pack/94472

It is very common for these to break off or weaken over time and not latch reliably. The adapters themselves are generally cheap, generic parts which are often poorly manufactured and could also be the reason for a poor connection. The line cord from the phone to the adapter socket may also be a point of failure so trying a different phone should be part of the process to test the connection if not done already.