cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP phone temporarily unavailable ?

Geoff-s
Tuning in

Since my landline has been connected to the hub from time to time callers will tell me target get message stating my phone temporarily unavailable. 

I called support beginning of this week and after spending a very long time trying to explain the problem I was told the issue had been reported to the IT team and I would hear from them within 48 hours

I have heard nothing from them can someone please assist me with this 

10 REPLIES 10

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Geoff-s,

Thank you for your post 😊.

I am sorry you are having issues with your landline since the switch over.

I have had a look at our systems and everything looks okay. Are you getting any calls through? Are you able to call your self from a mobile?
Have you rebooted the hub since this was installed?
Let us know and we can assist further from here.

Zoie

Hi Zooie

Yee everything seems to be working ok  odd of the time it’s a very intermittent issue - hasn’t happened for a while now. It seems that it’s when  we are on the phone and someone tries to call at that time instead of getting an engaged tone they get the temporarily unavailable message !

Hi Geoff-s, thanks for getting back to us.

Do you consider there to still be an issue?  Or do you think the fault (for want of better words) has resolved itself?  Please do get back to us, with how you wish to proceed?

Regards

Lee_R

I do still have this issue,  if someone calls me and I am already on a call - the new caller gets a message saying my phone is temporarily unavailable. 
Can someone please help. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies Geoff-s,

Can I ask is the message only appearing when you are on a call on are people still reporting the unavailable message when contact is made at any time?

Regards,

Kain

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Geoff-s wrote:

I do still have this issue,  if someone calls me and I am already on a call - the new caller gets a message saying my phone is temporarily unavailable. 
Can someone please help. 

Have you ever had call waiting on the line?

Check page 11 of the phone guide for the Purple Zone

https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Your-VM%20Phone-Guide.pdf

and see if it is switched on for your line?

Some past topics have mentioned this being switched on after the phone switchover (unknown to the customer). I think in those topics the next inbound caller to a busy line just got ringing tone rather than engaged. Turning off call waiting restored the engaged tone feature.

It seems to be only when I am on a call 

Have checked and call waiting is switched on.  I will switch it off for now and see what happens but really want call waiting to be on

Hi @Geoff-s 

Let us know if call waiting being turned off fixes this.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill