cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my landline phone number.

VJH123
Joining in

I would like to change my landline phone number. Please could you tell me how I go about doing this. 

17 REPLIES 17

Ah okay, so the account was originally in your mothers name and from what you have described it appears to have been set up as a new account and given a new number. That makes things slightly different, do you know if the number you'd like on the account from when it was in your mothers name was originally transferred over from another provider?

The reason we ask is that sometimes the number is returned to that provider. If you could let me know Nipsey60.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

I don't think it was as when we motto that house it was a Virgin Line from my recollection. Apologies, this was over 10 years ago.

Not to worry, it does sound like it was a while ago so not really surprised if you can't  remember. I'm going to send you a Private message to get some more details from you to look into this further for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Hi Robert,

I also want to change my elderly parents' land line number on their behalf and at their request as they have been quite badly scammed by cold calling 'insurance' companies who have coerced them into taking out a number of policies for good and appliances they do not even possess.

What is the first stage in the process?

Regards,

Paul

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Pc72 and welcome to our community.

We would need to pass security on the account with the named account holder, or, if you have power of attorney listed on the account you would be able to pass security with account holder actions. 

Thanks, Emily.

I would like to change my landline phone number. Please could you tell me how I go about doing this. 

@bsatheeshVM wrote:

Changing your landline number to break contact with specific individuals or companies (as per most of the requests above) is probably a reasonable approach but getting a new number does come with its own risks.

Any 'new' number you are allocated will be recycled from a pool of numbers owned by VM. The next number you get may come with its own past problems (such as previous use by a business etc.). You should be aware of this possibility before deciding whether to swap.

Hi bsatheeshVM,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you need your number changing, this is something we can do it takes, 24 Hours to change on the switch and this is a free services as a one off.

If it is a port you are trying to do and bring a number over from another company this can only be done if the other number is still active, if already cancelled we will not be able to retrieve the number back.

You can request the number changes by calling us on on either 150 from a Virgin landline/Mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, they are available from 8 AM until 8 PM Monday to Friday and 9 PM to 6PM Saturday and Sunday.

Regards

Paul.