cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ring my Mums virgin home number from my mobile and my home phone rings!!!

kitty24
Tuning in

My mum lives across the road from me, she is also a virgin media customer, we obviously have different land line tel no,'.... but when I ring my Mum from my mobile my home phone rings, I kid u not.I have been on phone to VM for 1 half hours no joy passed from pillar to post  then back again, frustrated does not come close to how I feel,,... How the heck do I get to speak to someone who can help.

My relatives have also rung Mum and it comes through to my home phone. Mum is 88 so doesn’t have a email address so occasionally when contacting VM we use this address that’s the only connection 

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello kitty24,

Thanks for your post. 

I must admit this is very strange.

Do you have any call diverts set up on your Mums line that direct any calls to your line. 

If you check for CALL DIVERT on this link. It will explain how to check for any features on the Line.

If that fails, pop back on here and we can take a look into this in a bit more detail.

Gareth_L

Thank you so much, I will check if maybe she has set it up by accident as I haven’t. The prob is when something rings OUR tel no it just rings out so we are missing calls

Thanks kitty24. 

Maybe I can look at both numbers once you have checked your Mums for call divert.

I expect the fault lies with your Mums line, which should be an easy fix.

Either way please let me know.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

no call divert on Mums home phone, still happening. The last person I spoke to yesterday said that it had been rectified and he could see that the number I was calling from was now correct, it wasnt !!!!!! at my wits end : (

Hello kitty24,

Sorry this is still happening.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L