Menu
ds_little
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I need a VM phone socket (plus extra bonus rant - Free of charge!)

I'm having a bit of a saga with my Player Bundle (Broadband, TV and Phone)

When I signed up it said I only needed a self install package as the address had been previously registered

The first problem was that they only sent the hub and not the TV box in the Quickstart package.

It took me several calls and being passed around several departments before customer service finally insisted on sending an engineer round to connect the missing TV box because they didn't believe that the TV box was missing in the first place and assumed I just didn't know what I was on about.

When the (grumpy) engineer was on his way he called me and said I wasn't paying for TV so I had to make him double check with VM before he eventually agreed to supply the box and install it.

So that bit DID get sorted but unfortunately (and I concede this is partly down to me not checking earlier) there isn't actually a Virgin Media phone socket in my flat after all despite the address having apparently been previously connected.

So...
Back to calling Virgin media and trying to sort it out but yet again passed around several departments and eventually trying to make and appointment for an engineer. This was on Monday and I asked if there were any Saturday appointments available (I've already taken way too many days off work for this house move). The operator said that Saturdays were possible but that they could only book a few days ahead. She said she would book me in for Wednesday (today) but call me on Tuesday to change the appointment date to Saturday. I asked if she 'promised' she really would call me back and she laughed and said 'of course'.

she didn't call back! (or course!) - So I rang again and tried to change the appointment but they guy said they don't do Saturdays! - He also said he couldn't cancel my appointment! Apparently the only way for me to cancel the appointment was to text 'no' back to the confirmation text which then tells virgin media that the problem is solved! (which it isn't)

Meanwhile I'm paying for a phone service I can't use.

there are two phone sockets on the back of the router but I gather these only work in certain areas and with an adaptor. I can't seem to find any info on which areas and what adaptor.

Anyway - does anyone know if the engineers can in fact do Saturdays because they don't seem sure!

Also is it too much to ask for Virgin Media to have better trained staff who can deal with a variety of issues without passing you along a long chain of operators who each need you to repeat the issue along with confirming serious letters from your password (despite the whole 'to speed things up' bit where they ask you to key in certain characters at the beginning of the call. If they just transferred you to the right person initially it would be less frustrating. I think on each call I've made I've spoken to a minimum of four operators.

Very frustrated so far

0 Kudos
ds_little
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need a VM phone socket (plus extra bonus rant - Free of charge!)

Also being awarded an 'Oh Hello' badge for joining a support forum (and getting a ridiculously over the top email to tell me about it) scores very highly on my dumbest things I've ever read list.

sorry for my grumpiness - Caught it from your engineer
ds_little
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh cool! now I've got a 'first reply' badge too!

Let me phone my Mum and tell her the good news! Oh wait, I can't

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ds_little,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of what's happened and this is not the level of service we aim to offer.

To sort this out, I'll send a quick PM so I can grab some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ds_little
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A brief update to this. John_GS was very helpful in arranging an engineer visit. However the engineer didn't turn up and told his supervisor that he was outside my house when he plainly wasn't.

So yeah I'm still mad at Virgin Media. John_GS I've PM'd you. Hopefully you can assist again.

0 Kudos