Menu
Daintydes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have a problem with unsolicited calls, I cant get through to VM by phone or text to set up call barring

I have a problem with unsolicited calls, I cant get through to VM by phone or text to set up call barring, thinking i might as well leave VM, wdyt?

are other providers more responsive?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a problem with unsolicited calls, I cant get through to VM by phone or text to set up call bar

Call Barring only affects OUTGOING calls.

Anonymous caller reject only blocks callers that withhold numbers, not numbers that have no caller ID or are "Spoofed". If you need full call filtering then you need a compatible phone & a service like "TrueCall" to use alongside your existing provider.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a problem with unsolicited calls, I cant get through to VM by phone or text to set up call bar

Buy a phone with BT call guardian which will request the callers name before bothering you. Alternatively call Virgin Media on 0800 953 3333 and request a number change and make sure your new number is ex-directory.

Leaving Virgin Media isn’t going to solve the problem because it’s an industry wide problem. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I advise people only to use the number change option as a last resort with particular nuisance calls. VM only has a relatively small allocation of numbers per STD area, so the chances of jumping from the frying pan into the fire are much greater than with BT.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos