cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 11 missed calls with no number

Blunder1338
Tuning in

For some reson when I check the call log on my house phone I have missed calls but no number

The phone hasnt rung I just seem to have all thease missed calls this started hapening when I got the 1 gig broad band 

Any suggestions ?

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Blunder1338 wrote:

For some reson when I check the call log on my house phone I have missed calls but no number

The phone hasnt rung I just seem to have all thease missed calls this started hapening when I got the 1 gig broad band 

Any suggestions ?

Do you have a Hub 5? If so, see

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Blunder1338, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you can't see the phone log.

What error are you getting when you try accessing it?

Also do you have called ID switched on?

Did any of the advice above help? Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@Blunder1338 

VM Moderators do not understand this Ghost Call issue and they can not see it. 

Same thread as above but 41 pages and 401 posts later read my analysis of the Ghost Call issue...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

It just days no number and the calls very  i.e 3.28,4.18,13.28,14.18,15.08,20.58,21.03

Ive spoken to virgin media ive done a hub reset and followed the tecnical help over the phone

But still seem to have the same issue .

I mever seem to have this before my upgrade of the new volt hub was imstalled .

I feal like canceling my whole virgin media service .

Yes I do have caller display I dont have an error I just have my call log fill with missed calls with no number and all different times i.e  03.17  04.28 06.11 and so on  itcan be as much as 10 calls a day the phone dosnt ring  it just fills my call log up ive spoken to virgin media and they are as useful as a chocolate fire guard .

It seems from reading the messages on here I am not the only one who seems to be having an issue with their phones call log filling up .

Virgin media either are turning a blind eye to it or are unable to fix the issue .

I didnt have this problem with my old Hub thats the problem with Virgin media all they are interested in is selling you a more exspensive package so they can hike up their profits by selling you faster broad band .

Take my advice when your contract finishes go eleware pity Ive got another 17 months 

Thank you for reaching back out and letting us know. 

These numbers you are missing do you recognise any of them at all?

Please could you also unplug the phone and plug it back in and see if that makes any difference. 

I am also going to send you a PM so we can do some further tests, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No their are no it just says no number as for unpluging the phone and pluging in again I did that when I spoke to vergin media  technical support.

More missed calls 05.18, 0608 ,06.58,08.38,15.19,16.09,

As I said virgin media dont seem to be aware of this problem so much for the faster hub.

Hi Blunder1338

I can see my colleague has sent you a private message.

If you could please reply to him directly there, he can assist further for you.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

As this is a long standing known issue (must be a year or more by now) shouldn't it be added as a sticky to the forum so people don't have to keep going through the unplug/plug in, restart router, try different phone shenanigans. We all know that none of those things will fix the issue as it is a firmware or system setup problem, which we keep being told is under investigation.