cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to remove the landline part of my package but keep the internet and TV.

Swansea20
Joining in

I'm happy with my broadband but no longer need the landline.

I signed up to the internet account so I could alter this online, but my account won't let me remove the landline.

I've been on hold 30 minutes.

Virgin media, please supply instructions for completing this action online given the business of the call centres at the moment.

Thank you

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Can't be done on line. Never has been possible and isn't possible now. Keep holding. But bear this in mind. If you remove your landline you may not save very much and you may find the cost of your package actually goes up. That is because the more services you take from the VM the bigger the bundle discount. Up to you. I hardly use my landline but it is good to have it in reserve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Can't be done on line. Never has been possible and isn't possible now. Keep holding. But bear this in mind. If you remove your landline you may not save very much and you may find the cost of your package actually goes up. That is because the more services you take from the VM the bigger the bundle discount. Up to you. I hardly use my landline but it is good to have it in reserve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Swansea20
Joining in

Hi Howard, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

Please can VM also answer with an option to contact them directly apart from the call centres which are overwhelmed right now.

Thanks!

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
You could try their text service. No other options:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I tried their webteam email and that bounced back saying either their inbox was full or they were busy.

I've been trying the message service for the last 2 days, after hours they put me through to the queue for the technical team and I have my tablet beside me now (13:34 3 December) and still haven't heard anything, despite the eventual response from the first line yesterday telling me i had been transferred to the technical support queue - they must have a lot of problems to deal with.