Did you mean: 

Hub phone

BILLYG23
Joining in

Please i need help

I need to connect phone to hub for emergency response/disabled button

What type of phone do i need

Dect???

Do i need virgin to upgrade line ?? Help please ...

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

To get the most useful help on the forum, you would probably do best to keep your phone queries all on your original topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Phone-connector/m-p/5152944

That way, any related issues about making/using your VM phone line will all be kept in the same place

Sorry only second post but you told me the connector yesterday which i now have but the phone i have doesn't  work .. my wifes getting out of hospital tonight or tomorrow and i need help sorry if i don't  know what I'm  doing thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@BILLYG23 wrote:

Sorry only second post but you told me the connector yesterday which i now have but the phone i have doesn't  work .. my wifes getting out of hospital tonight or tomorrow and i need help sorry if i don't  know what I'm  doing thanks

No problem. First of all, are you certain you need to be using the adapter at the moment? Has VM now told you that you now have to connect the phone this way instead of using the normal telephone wall socket (perhaps because of a letter from VM about a phone switchover)?

VM sometimes give advanced notice of the changeover, long before you need to use the adapter, during which time your normal telephone wall socket should still be working.

If you have now got the adapter, and you are sure you need to be connecting in this way, you connect that adapter into the back of the VM hub (into the TEL1 socket), and you just connect an ordinary telephone into that (as per pic below). That should get you a basic telephone line working. Try that first to confirm the phone line works OK with just the phone plugged in first of all.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

As for the care alarm, the setup for that might depend on a few different things. Once you have checked the phone line is working with the phone plugged into the hub, you can then think about how to connect the care alarm.

The usual kind of setup is that you connect the care alarm into the phone line first of all (which is now through the VM adapter on your hub) and you then plug the phone into a socket on the care alarm for the phone (so the care alarm sits between the VM hub and your phone and the phone is connected through the care alarm). This is just a general explanation though.

Who provides the care alarm for you?

They should be able to advise you on how to connect that.

Hey there @BILLYG23, thanks for reaching back out to us on the forums.

I've had a look and from what you've seen you have the adapter.

May I ask if you can try the conventional method, so leave the adapter in a safe place but try place the phone line in the telephone socket and see if that get's the landline up and running.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs