cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub is nowhere near my phone socket for switchover

TonyPezzolesi
Tuning in

My phone is being swtiched over to fibre on 28th June and the diagram instructions say I have to plug an adapter into my Hub and then the phone into the Hub. My Hub is upstairs connected to PC's and Laptops and the phone socket is downstairs. Virgin says I have to move my Hub. This is impractical. What other options are available to me? I will lose my home phone on 28th June

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TonyPezzolesi, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience the change over to telephone via your hub may cause your household.  In the event of not being able to move your hub, the only other suggestion I could make is a trio pack of cordless phones?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee. Thanks for your reply. I already have DECT phones but the main one (with the answerphone) is plugged into the existing phone socket

Thanks for getting back to us TonyPezzolesi,

Regrettably I cannot make any other suggestions.  I am genuinely sorry, I appreciate, based on what you've already advised, that the migration is going to cause you inconvenience. However, we're not going to be able to arrange a stopping or even a delay of the migration, sorry.  If there is a way you can think of where moving the hub may become a viable option, please do give us a shout and we will be happy to make that arrangement for you. 

Regards

Lee

Thanks Lee. I think I have found an option. Move the main phone to the room where the Hub is and move the existing DECT phone downstairs. That may work

I hope it does TonyPezzolesi.

I would loved to have got you an ideal resolution.  But I hope your own suggested work around, works for you.  Please do reach out to us if you need our help in the future.  Our fantastic community and indeed our forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Many thanks Lee. Much appreciated

Best of luck and please do keep us updated.

Regards

Lee