cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

ansabras
Joining in

Last week i recieved my new hub 5 which is set up and running. my home phone then stopped working, (old diamond cable connection) the virgin engineer told me they now connect the phone directly to the hub via a dongle, trouble is the hub 5 is not ready for this so now i have no phone, engineer told me i either go back to a hub 3 or wait for this service to be applied. Having just spent an age setting all my houshold smart gear to the new password changing hub is not an option

Can you advise when the hub 5 will be ready

11 REPLIES 11

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Changing hub is an option, you just change the wifi password and SSID to the same as the hub 5 and all devices will connect

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ansabras,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your landline. 

Sadly we don't have any information regarding when that will take place. 

^Martin

Still no land line through the Hub 5

Any update on when this will be activated ?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ansabras,

I am sorry but we have no updates on this yet.

We will let you know when we do.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ansabras 

There is no date for when the hub5 will be compatable with the VM telephony system.

The hub is still undergoing testing and you should be able to revert back to the hub3.

If/when you do manage to get changed back to a hub 3 then you can change the SSID (WiFi network name) and WiFi password to match the current ones you have set up on all your devices rather than have to change them all again individually.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply Dave

I find it bizarre the Virgin release the hub 5 and then tell me my land line dongle is not compatible. Surely I am not the only person this is affecting. 

I sent my old hub back to virgin on completion of the setting up of this one so how do I go about getting one? it is a really poor show from virgin as if they knew this was an issue they should have told me

Andy 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ansabras,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry that you are not happy with the Hub-5 due to this.

It is still on trial and we feed back any issues that are happening. We are working to get the Hub-5 trial updated and get anything that is wrong with it fixed asap, but can take some time.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Hayley

I understand there may be issues when something is on trial but when I got the email from virgin telling me i was eligible for the hub 5 I don't remember reading that some of it might not work. 

Hi @ansabras,

What issues are you currently experiencing with the Hub 5?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!