Hub 5 phone line isnt working

LFCKEV71
Joining in

Hi i just got hub5 but my phone line not working could you help me please

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Also mentioned here last week

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Hub-5-phone-line-isnt-working/td-p/4883030

You may be out of luck for a while linking a phone to the hub 5.

LFCKEV71
Joining in

just got off the phone with virgin and they are sending me a phone connector or an adapter he said it should work now

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should probably get confirmation that it will work from the forum team. Answers from support on the phone may not always be that reliable!

On the hub 3 you can see if the telephony socket is enabled and looking on the welcome screen. Something like this

https://setuprouter.com/router/virgin-media/virgin-media-hub-3/setup-75194-large.htm

Does the hub 5 show anything like that if you log into it?

The forum team should confirm on here shortly for you.

Hi @LFCKEV71,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline on hub 5.

We are however glad to see you were able to reach our team who are sending a connector. Please do let us know when you receive it and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have just rang virgin again and they hve just told me i should've have been given the hub 5 so they are ring me back when i can get  the hub 3 back on

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the hub5 being sent in error, I've checked the account and it does look like the teams have this in hand - please keep us updated with how you get on we'd like to hear everything's been sorted for you. 

Tom 

Had to ring up again spoke to a english woman give her the mac code off the box all fixed in 15 min why didn't they do that this morning

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for hassle the delay, but glad to hear a solution has been found now - thanks for keeping the thread updated. If you encounter any more problems please don't hesitate to give us another shout here.

Tom 

Hi Tom-F, I have only just had the 1GB service installed but received only the HUB 4. I found it still wasn't compatible with Wi-Fi 6 and rang in for it to be changed to the HUB 5. However the young lady was barely understandable with all the noise on the line and her accent clashing but I 'think' she may have said that my phone service isn't compatible therefore I have to remain with the Hub 4. Are you able to confirm or perhaps help me understand please as it does seem weird.? I do have all the correct cabling and Ethernet Card to use Wi-Fi 6 fitted in anticipation.