cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - 'Missed' Calls

gap84
Up to speed

This is a strange one, so wondering if anyone else has observed something like this...

With the home phone plugged into the Hub 5, I am seeing frequent missed calls from 'No number' at a variety of times during the day.  But if I call 1471 I am getting call data older than this (which relate to 'real' calls), so seems like we are getting spurious missed call data to the phone from the Hub.

Has anyone else observed anything similar?

108 REPLIES 108

@Mercman123 wrote:

Hi All, we had a hub 4 replaced with a hub 5 on Saturday 24th September, and ever since we get random no number calls showing on our habd set today ir was 27, the timings are always at a time with a 9, like 1:09am or 17:59 sometimes 1 an hour  sometimes more.

We have a BT phone that was working g fine before we went onto VOIP. And also we are getting more nuisance calls which aren't being blocked

The 'unknown numbers' problem a 'known issue'. See this topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

When the hub was swapped from 4 to 5, does caller ID still work OK on your line? The BT trueCall screening relies on caller ID working correctly in order to do the screening. Haven't read all of the posts on this theme in detail but BT phones do seem to get quite a few mentions along with the Hub 5.

hi,

the phone doesn't ring, we get them almost every hour, but the times are In the format 07:19 , 08:19, etc, or 07:29, 08:29, or 07:10, 08:10, so once they start the errors are repated at the same number of minuteslassed the hour,  we never had an issue on the hub 4.

we don't have another phone to try, and not buying one to fix a problem, with what appears to be digital noise on the voip port

we are getting anything  from 10 to 20 a day

@Mercman123 wrote:

hi,

the phone doesn't ring, we get them almost every hour, but the times are In the format 07:19 , 08:19, etc, or 07:29, 08:29, or 07:10, 08:10, so once they start the errors are repated at the same number of minuteslassed the hour,  we never had an issue on the hub 4.

we don't have another phone to try, and not buying one to fix a problem, with what appears to be digital noise on the voip port

we are getting anything  from 10 to 20 a day

You would do best to follow along on the main topic about this here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

and add your voice to the complaintson there

The last official VM update seems to be here

Hey @Mercman123, thanks for reaching out to us and welcome back to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you as well have been affected by the issue.
This isn't the first so what I will do is refer this case to our team who will investigate the matter.
The number of cases relating to this is growing and growing.
Once we have an update about this we will keep you updated.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

this ongoing 'known issue' which we have had since the Hub5 was installed early September should be an easy fix, just need the right clever person who can see what needs updating or changing in the Hub 5 modem settings to stop it calling the landline every hour.

as scrolling through 20 plus missed calls a day to see if there are any genuine missed calls is a bit time consuming and annoying.

fix it please asap. or knock money of our monthly bill until you sort it that might speed you all up into finding a solution faster.

Hey @Davesobratty, thank you for your query on the Virgin Media forums.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as mentioned it has been logged with the relevant team to fix.
Unfortunately it is not an "easy fix" as the team needs to see the issue, what causes the issue, any linking factors and the issues behind it.
Once they have done resolving the matter they will roll out the resolution ASAP, which will be through a software update.
As stated, the case is with the team for them to fix.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.....Just searched for this thread after having another 7 missed calls this morning. Switched to Hub 5 earlier this week and been having this problem ever since.

Hi Blossom53,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you too are experiencing issues with our HUB5 and receiving missed calls.

We are aware of this issue, and it has been reported. Our engineers are working on a software update to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Same here I'm getting strange missed calls from UNKNOWN NUMBER 

But nobody has called me at these times?

Also sometimes when I try making outbound calls I get a strange dialling tone? Has anybody else noticed anything similar 🤔 👀 

Kind regards

Dean 👌 👍 🙆‍♀️ 

I don't also get strange calls from UNKOWN NUMBER but sometimes the phone actually rings but nothing happens?

And nobody specifically calls me? It even happens sometimes during the night which Is quite frustrating 🙃 😑