cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - 'Missed' Calls

gap84
Up to speed

This is a strange one, so wondering if anyone else has observed something like this...

With the home phone plugged into the Hub 5, I am seeing frequent missed calls from 'No number' at a variety of times during the day.  But if I call 1471 I am getting call data older than this (which relate to 'real' calls), so seems like we are getting spurious missed call data to the phone from the Hub.

Has anyone else observed anything similar?

108 REPLIES 108

Thank you for the update on this @Davesobratty.

Sorry to hear that the issue persisted even after a hub swap. Just to confirm, is it the same frequency of missed calls as prior? Have you also tried a different handset to see if the problem persists? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

same frequency, not tried any different handsets as thats the only ones we have, and had no issue with the handsets with  previous hub 3 with same set up.

Just to confirm, have you checked the handset itself to see if this may be caused by a setting on the device?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

We are still having the same issue, we are using Bt Premium Trio 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@gap84 wrote:

This is a strange one, so wondering if anyone else has observed something like this...

With the home phone plugged into the Hub 5, I am seeing frequent missed calls from 'No number' at a variety of times during the day.  But if I call 1471 I am getting call data older than this (which relate to 'real' calls), so seems like we are getting spurious missed call data to the phone from the Hub.

Has anyone else observed anything similar?

Can't give you an answer, unfortunately, but do recall a topic from a few months ago

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Caller-Id-shows-calls-from-quot-No-Number-quot-every...

which sounds like the same issue. Hub model and outcome unknown though but one of the VM team should be able to look up if there was any explanation/resolution back then on that topic.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response gap84,

To calrify regarding this, are you not receiving calls from a specific recipient or is it happening on most calls?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain

the issue is these ‘missed calls’ from an unknown number that appear to be spurious. So it’s not a particular caller as I don’t think there is one!

As per the post above, looks like there are three examples of this now!

We have raised this with the relevant team to investigate further, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Rob

Hi All, we had a hub 4 replaced with a hub 5 on Saturday 24th September, and ever since we get random no number calls showing on our habd set today ir was 27, the timings are always at a time with a 9, like 1:09am or 17:59 sometimes 1 an hour  sometimes more.

We have a BT phone that was working g fine before we went onto VOIP. And also we are getting more nuisance calls which aren't being blocked

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mercman123,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with receiving strange missed calls!

Have you heard your phone ring out with these calls, or do you just receive a notification stating that a call was missed?

Do you have a different landline phone to plug in to see if this issue persists? Have you recently rebooted your Hub?

Please let us know so we can help. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team