cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 "Telephony(Disabled)"

DaveinBeds
Tuning in

Hub 3 says "Telephony(Disabled)" When I try to connect a phone. Yes, I am using a RJ11 Plug to BT Socket

28 REPLIES 28

Yes, I can still sign in with it.

I have two ntlworld email accounts, so now and then I check the emails on the primary account as the second account is the one that diverts to gmail.

I can then decide if I send from nlt or gmail.

So, the main account holder for VM is the one that does not really get used. I did try to turn that one off some time back and use what is in effect my second email but it would not allow me to do this.

I even downloaded mozilla thunderbird and set tried to set the "missing" account up and it would not go through. I wanted to test it on something that I have never used before.

I checked my passwards in Chrome and Edge and they all match.

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I'll send you a PM so I can sort this out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

not working today?

Yeah so this is your online account email. If I delete it, this will stop your online account.

Is there a reason you want it deleting?

Kind regards

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Can the online account be switched over to [REMOVED]

Why can I not login and check if there emails on that account?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi DaveinBeds

Thanks for joining me on PM,

Just to update the thread, the email address is sorted 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Some existing customers have already been moved over as well and all customers eventually will be moved to the Hub based lines. But if your an existing customer with a separate landline Virgin Media will let you know when you have to do that.

That's really clever of VM! My hub sits in a room where there's no phone socket; the existing phone master socket is connected to the rest of the house, so the phone is connected where we need phones to be .. not where VM want them to be. So will VM install a new extension point at their expense so that our existing phone extensions are unaffected?

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post.

If a part of a free faults visit you can ask the engineer if this is possible.

Thanks, Emily.

@RichardG11 wrote:

That's really clever of VM! My hub sits in a room where there's no phone socket; the existing phone master socket is connected to the rest of the house, so the phone is connected where we need phones to be .. not where VM want them to be. So will VM install a new extension point at their expense so that our existing phone extensions are unaffected?

Are you being migrated to a 21CV landline connection via the back of the VM hub?

The answer to your question, in theory, is that VM should offer to reconnect extensions according to this page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#whatishappening

in the section "I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?"

There are, however, regular posts on the forum complaining that extensions were not reconnected when a 21CV landline was installed (often in relation to sockets for house alarms etc. not being reconnected). Usually, the customer assumes it will be done but it may not be, so best to make sure to specifically ask if the extensions are important to you when moving to a 21CV landline.

VM may (legitimately) not want to interfere with a BT master socket/cable as that is the property of BT but they should be able to remove home extension wiring from that BT master socket and reconnect to a VM service.

A set of cordless phones are the best option to use with a 21CV connection if there is no other equipment, apart from telephones, which needs to be wired into the line.